Joint State Training Center - Assam - North East Region Jorhat Medical College, Assam:
About Jorhat Medical College, Assam:
A long felt need of the people of Jorhat was fulfilled with the laying of the Foundation Stone of the Jorhat Medical College by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh, in presence of Hon'ble Chief Minister of Assam Sjt Tarun Gogoi, Hon’ble Union Minister of Law & Justice Shri Veerappa Moily, Hon’ble Union Minister of Mines and DoNER Shri B.K. Handique, Hon’ble Health Minister of Assam Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, Hon’ble MLA Shri Rana Goswami and a galaxy of distinguished guests and a huge crowd, on the historic day of 25th August 2008.
- Education & Research in Medical Sciences- with efforts to bring the standard of Medical Education to the top level.
- Education and training in other allied courses like different Nursing courses, and paramedical courses.
- To provide better and advanced treatment with latest technology to the suffering community- covering prophylactic, curative and rehabilitative medical care.
- Social services of various nature.
Mission: To bring healthcare nearer to the people, to see smiling healthy faces.Click here to read more @ JMC, Assam - Official Website...
Joint State Training Center - Assam - North East Region (Under Dr. Padam Singh R&D Scheme):
Institute of Applied Statistics collaborate Jorhat Medical College to conduct various training & research programmes for medical/paramedical/nursing professionals as a Joint State Training Center for the states of Assam and North East Region.
The center is proposed to be inaugurated by Dr Padam Singh himself and followed by a two-days introductory workshop in Research Methodology & Biostatistics. In near future, our State Training Centre, Research, will organize more workshops at Jorhat Medical College addressing various aspects of research methods, basic and advanced biostatistics.
Also, as a State training center, we are entitled to organize various workshops under Dr. Padam Singh Research & Development Scheme in all the other medical colleges/institutions of Assam & North East Region for easy coordination and implication of the scheme.
The Joint State Training Center will organize the following workshops for all Ayurveda Professionals under Dr. Padam Singh Research & Development scheme:
- Introductory course of Research Methodology & Biostatistics
- Advance Course of Research Methodology & Biostatistics
- Workshop on Research Protocol Writing
- Workshop on Effective Medical Thesis Writing
- Workshop on Making an Effective Research Paper
- Workshop on Research Grant Writing
- Workshop on Statistical Computing Using Excel
- Workshop on Introductory Statistics on SPSS
- Introductory Course on Statistical Computing using R
- Advance course on computation of Sample size Estimation
- Introductory Course on Qualitative Analysis
- Workshop on Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Introductory Course on Clinical trial and CDM
- Introductory Course on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Introductory Course on Python
- Introductory Course on Bioinformatics
- Introductory Course on Statistical Genetics
- Advance course on computational epidemiology using Epi-Info
- Short term course on Diagnostic tools and Accuracy Assessment